Melt Therapy

Monday, August 29, 2011

Thai Yoga Massage and Jetlag

Thai Yoga Massage is pretty useful for most sorts of physical and emotional recovery (so my clients tell me).  A sub-set of my clients, however, specifically use my Thai Yoga Massage to help them recover from jet-lag.

Pictured left is one of those clients: she not only has a romper-stomper of a work schedule, but she's also 7 months pregnant!  Familiar with her crazy, demanding, international-travelling schedule for many years now, she had the foresight to plan out deliciously comfortable days of solace spent at home to enjoy her pregnancy: time with her hubby and cat, Zeus (yes, that's him perched above her head on the pillow), lounging by her gorgeous, Mediterranean-inspired garden, baking, and sleeping in her own bed!  My client loves being at home, because she doesn't get to be there much, and in addition to home comforts, she's added my Pregnancy Thai Yoga Massage into the mix.

With her expanding belly comes the typical pregnancy-related symptoms of lower back aches, neck and shoulder pain, tiredness, less-than-optimal circulation, and weight gain.  Add in hours spent on her feet, dexterous work with her hands, countless hours stuck sitting on a plane, and global time changes affecting her sleep...well, you can see why she'd enjoy a Thai Yoga Massage after she arrives back in home.  Since she's working right up until her due date, my client likes to book me around her flight times, and I usually see her the morning after she gets in.  And Zeus gets a bit of cat massage too!

1 comment:

Write me here...! I love hearing from you. :)