Melt Therapy

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Never Too Busy For My Body

This blog is a shout-out to all my compliant clients.  What does that mean?  A compliant client is a client who listens to your advice, and applies themselves.  In being open to my professional advice, and taking the suggestions to heart, my clients make incremental lifestyle shifts toward life-positive habits that help them in the long run.

Not all clients are compliant, mind. you.  And that's OK -- it's not a judgement.  They just have other priorities.  The things is, if you're not going to heed a professional's advice and hurtle headlong, making zero adjustments in your life, just remember to ratchet back your expectations of healing yourself if you're not gonna do the homework.  In other words, don't expect any changes.

I asked a current client why she's so open to my suggestions.  And mind you, this woman is no slacker in general: she's 110% busy.  Busy with a capital B.  Bi-zay.  Manages a high-profile business, has an upside-down work schedule, is super intelligent and ballsy, is mother to a teenager, has a very full family life, works out regularly and frequently, AND party plans on the side.  When I asked her why she bothered with the simple suggestions I made, she quickly said, "I might be busy, but I'm never too busy for my body."

Touché!  It's all in her attitude that generates her ability to take care of herself, and consequently, be able to keep all the spinning plates of her full life in balance.


My client is humble enough to know she's not perfect.  And I'm not the perfect practitioner for everyone.  But together, by listening to one another, she hopes to better herself, and I hope to help her achieve her health goals.

1 comment:

  1. With such attention to the needs of you clients, I wanted to share the idea of chair massage and benefits of onsite massage (corporately or for special events) if they have trouble and "are to busy for their bodies." Its a great way to fit the benefits of massage into a group of co-workers to help boast morale and relieve aches and tensions, or even as a gift to a busy group of mom's during a play-date.

    ReplyDelete

Write me here...! I love hearing from you. :)