Melt Therapy

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Captain America Did It

I get asked all the time why my programs are on a weekly basis treatment schedule.  Typically my programs come in two lengths: 10 week starter intensive, and a 6 month flexibility training program.  Studies show that the human body begins to shift old patterning and change on a cellular level in roughly 8-10 weeks.  And since the Thai Yoga massage works to stretch your entire body, every joint is rotated and muscle flexed, it takes time.

I wish I had a magic wand to wave and say otherwise, but I'm no miracle worker. I had a nice engineer client ask me, just the other day if he could shrink the intensive program down to 5 weekly session.  After his evaluation, it was revealed he had a ways to go in his range of motion, being very inflexible indeed.  I replied, "Well, Captain America needed at least 6 months to train up!  Not sure what we can achieve in 5 sessions...!"  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me here...! I love hearing from you. :)