Melt Therapy

Monday, October 11, 2010

Simrit Kaur in Concert

Oh boy, I'm so lucky: got to see Simrit Kaur at Golden Bridge Yoga last Friday night.  See photo below:

Simrit's going for that note!
Have you ever been to a concert where all the musicians are sitting down?  And so are you, on a yoga mat?  It's a different experience...very tranquil.

She hit all my favs: Ardas Bhaee, Tithai Too Samarath, and finished with Hey Gobind Hey Gopal (which seemed to last forever, and we wanted it to go on, but all good things must end -- boohoo!).  By the end of it, I was in a trance of bliss.  That woman's voice is amazing!!

Best of all, she and her band came back the next morning at 3:30am, and were part of the Guru Ram Das Birthday Celebration sadhana!!  OMG!  That was something else.  She and Harijiwan read the Japji, and they  played Dhan Dhan Guru Ram Das -- AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me here...! I love hearing from you. :)