Melt Therapy

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Recipe: Tuna and Corn Baked Potato

Uh oh, I'm revealing one of my comfort foods that might gross out Americans.  It probably seems gnarly to you, but it's something I picked up while living in London.  If it makes you feel better, I used only organic corn, Albacore tuna, and vegannaise. If you're really not digging the topping, feel free to top your ordinary baked potato with anything that suits your fancy!  (Serves 1)

Ingredients:
1 baking potato (i.e., Russet)
1 can of corn kernels
1 can of tuna
salt & pepper
oil
mayonnaise

Instructions:
Pre-heat toaster over to 450 degrees F.  Wash your potato and pat dry, coating the skin with a thin layer of oil, then dusting it with salt.  Prick salted potato with fork several times, and pop on it a tray and into the toaster oven, cooking 1 hour.   

Once out of the oven, cut a cross into the potato, and push on all four corners: this will open up the potato beautifully.  

Mix tuna and corn together, with mayo (I substitute with vegannaise).   Top this mixture onto your hot potato, adding fresh pepper and salt to taste.  Serve immediately.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me here...! I love hearing from you. :)