Melt Therapy

Monday, January 24, 2011

Yoga Teacher Training 2011

On Saturday, I gladly volunteered bringing lunch to the new group of 2011 Kundalini Yoga Teacher Trainees at the Awareness Center, Pasadena, CA.  Wow, it feels like just a second ago that I was in their shoes, in my very first weekend of training!

Knowing what was ahead of them and what might unfold made me super excited; I wanted to connect with this group.  What better way than through food (spoken like a true foodie)?  A few of us 2010 graduates pitched in together, and my dish was salad.  As I created the salad the day of, I chanted mantras to infuse the food with love and well wishes.

Hungry yogis line up for vegetarian lunch after a hard morning kriya!

Awareness Center yoga teachers relax for lunch.
Wahe Guru, owner and visionary of the Awareness Center, asked us graduates to say a few words to the class, regarding family groups cooking for Saturday class.  When it came to my turn, I told the group, "You can choose to bring your own sack lunch, or you can get together with your assigned family groups to bring lunch for everyone.  I suggest the latter.  Why?  Because, in spite of it sounding like a chore, it is in fact a good lesson to gain the understanding that when you provide what you can for others, you will be provided for many times over."

1 comment:

  1. Yoga aims at restoring the body to its optimum condition, therefore encourages the proper functioning of all body systems. It focuses on the cause of health problems and treats all aspects of the person, including the body, mind and spirit, rather than the symptoms alone. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Write me here...! I love hearing from you. :)