Melt Therapy

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Angry Yoga

The other day I was super pissed off (over something that was nothing), and instead of vomiting my emotional mess on my boyfriend, I closed myself off into my room and did a full, long set of yoga and meditation.  This included: recitation of the Japji, tuning in, warm-ups, a kriya for tolerance, the Mul Mantra meditation, and sealing it all with Longtime Sunshine/Long Sat nam.

Instead of practicing in my usual "indoor" voice, I belted every chant out!  And I mean, belted it!  Top of my lungs, music cranked on high. The yoga, I did with care and precision (no need to pull a muscle when one's wanting to punch walls), but I used my navel center to shout out each word of the mantras.

It felt so good!  I felt electrically awake afterwards.  Was I less angry?  Yes, and no: it channeled itself into energy with which I was then productive.  Totally took my practice to a whole new level: what an experience!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me here...! I love hearing from you. :)