Melt Therapy

Monday, September 20, 2010

Ma Yoga

Yesterday, I was part of Ma Yoga's opening!  OK, so I don't have any photos because I was giving free taster Thai Yoga massages the whole time (totally booked solid from 2-5pm!), but I just wanted to comment that it was fantastic to be in such a shakti (primal, feminine, creative power) community.


My friend and doula, Carmen Bornn-Gilman always says, "Women need another womb in the room," when in labor.  I would say that we need each other always.  If we can get past the judgement and cattiness, then there is real wonderment at the power of women coming together.

In Kundalini Yoga, we believe that women are 16 times greater than men.  Sixteen...!  Let's no underestimate ourselves, nor sell ourselves short...

Being part of the Ma Yoga community reminded me how much I need to be around women, and how wonderful it is to give.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me here...! I love hearing from you. :)